Submissions are open!
We are taking applications now in search of our next Marketing/Public Relations Intern.
Please note, the deadline for submission is Monday, January 15th, 2020. Official start date for this 6 month internship is January 31st. Position commences July 31st.
Are you the next Border Free Media marketing intern? Keep reading to see if this is the perfect internship for you!
ABOUT BORDER FREE MEDIA:
Border Free Media a creative agency and online education platform.
We work with destinations and brands all over the globe, many tied to travel. Using a forward-thinking approach to creative vision, Border Free Media produces concepts that captivate attention and calls to action in each film and media campaign we produce. We pride our company on creating a genuine connection between our client and their target audience, cultivating a long lasting relationship between brand and consumer. And above all, we only work with brands we truly believe in.
If you become our next Border Free Media intern, you’ll also be working with our travel site, Border Free Travels, a lifestyle + wanderlust website is full of adventure, nature and always a little luxury. We focus on inspiring travel where our adventurous followers go out into the world and live the life they love – whatever – and wherever that may be. Our readers love… off the beaten path adventures (that includes an entire off the beaten destination to lesser known neighborhoods in a bigger city) meeting locals, handmade things, products from the earth, glamping, luxury boutique hotels and b and b’s, street food and farm to table eats, hikes with a view, easy road cycling by scenic views and more. BFT also infuse a little health and wellness, style and beauty, and taking travel home into our posts throughout the site.
WHAT WE DO:
– Online Education
– Film Production
– Social Media Management
– Public Speaking
– In Person Workshops
– Influencer Marketing Campaigns
Border Free Media is looking for a dynamic intern to begin immediately assisting with public relations, marketing, social media, working creatively with existing clients, and bringing on new clients including for travel and lifestyle campaigns. This internship is 20+ hours a week, unpaid with college credit with potential to earn commission on new clients.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
– Believes in a life where you never stop learning
– Is a self starter who wants to bring their ideas to the table
– Enjoys research + development
– Has previously worked in some aspect of the hospitality industry
– Is interested in destination marketing, hotel and real estate
– Has a great grasp on social media knowledge: twitter, Instagram, snapchat, Pinterest, and Facebook
– Understands how to write captivating press releases that grab editors attention
– Has a great grasp on WordPress + Mail Chimp + Photoshop + InDesign + Lightroom
– Possesses excellent communication skills
– Has a sense of humor, witty and thinks on his/her feet
– Has an interest in photography, film, copywriting, and being generally creative
– Is a motivated self starter and thrives working remotely
BENEFITS & PERKS:
As an intern at Border Free Media, you will learn and develop lifelong skills you can use in any industry. Upon commencement of your internship, there is potential to take on a position with Border Free Media (we’re really are looking for someone to grow with our brand you could be in it for the long haul).
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
DUTIES include but are not limited to:
– Maintain monthly content calendar for BFM + BFT + clients
– Social media management
– Editing, formatting and posting weekly newsletters at BFM + BFT and also creating + formatting client newsletters.
– Researching destinations, emerging travel trends, new technologies and more
– Copywriting including BFM + BFT articles and newsletters
– Formatting /editing WordPress website and writing articles
– SEO optimize articles, you tube videos and other posts and videos
– Brainstorming non-traditional ways to reach our audience
– Pitching destinations and brands to form creative partnerships
– Social Media management and growth strategy
– Sending press releases about new projects launched to gain interest and secure write-ups in larger magazines and hosted interviews on television networks
– Updating Media Kit + Pitch Deck
– Planning and executing events
*This is a virtual unpaid internship that can be done for college credit.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com along with a personal note about who you are, what you love about our brand, why you are the ideal person to join our team and one new idea you could bring to the table and execute while interning for for Border Free Media. Subject line of the email should be titled — I’m Your Next Intern!
Applications due by January 15th, 2020 — (earlier is always better).
Please do not send a cookie cutter copy and pasted cover letter about yourself to us. Before submitting your resume and cover letter, make sure you have thoroughly familiarized yourself with both websites and our Instagram account.